WHAT CHOIR SHOULD I AUDITION FOR?
- Music Education majors will normally be placed into Novum Voce (MWF 1-1:50pm) for their first semester at UW-Eau Claire as it is an introductory ensemble for music majors. We recommend to leave room for this class in your schedule. Music Education majors will eventually need to take two semesters of either Singing Statesmen or Women's Concert Chorale.
- There is more flexibility for music majors who aren't music education, music minors, and other majors. You can find the times and days each choir meets at the bottom of our auditions page.
HOW DO I ENROLL IN A CHOIR CLASS?
- Each ensemble has both a lower level course number and a higher level course number.
- FRESHMEN and SOPHOMORES will normally enroll in the 100/200 level, and JUNIORS and ABOVE will enroll in the 300/400 level.
- Click here to get a step-by-step on how to enroll in the correct class. Remember that you will need to be granted permission prior to enrolling.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A CLASS CONFLICT?
WHEN ARE AUDITIONS FOR CHOIR?
- INCOMING FRESHMEN and TRANSFER STUDENTS will audition during the summer, either through Zoom or during their BluGold Summer Experience Day in-person. Be on the lookout for updated information about audition sign ups.
- Every semester, a Google Form will come out requesting intentions for returning choir students (both current and students looking to come back to choir after sometime away). The following may happen:
- During the Spring semester, every student must complete an audition for the next school year (Fall & Spring semesters). These auditions take place late into the Spring semester prior to the next school year.
- During the Fall semester, only students who are looking to change ensembles or rejoin choir after time away need to audition in order to be placed for a choir in the Spring. These auditions take place late into the current Fall semester.