Sing in Choir!
We’re proud to be “Wisconsin’s Singing University” and we hope that you are eager to join! Be part of an inclusive group of 400+ students who all share a common interest – singing. Joining choir gives you credit towards your degree, performance opportunities regionally and internationally, and a chance to work with nationally acclaimed guest artists. Choir is open to all students on campus – all you need to do is audition! If you love to sing, join the BluGold Choral Family. Auditions for fall 2020 are June 1 – 5, 2020.
More information can be found below.
A u D I T I O N P r o c e s s
Preparing for the audition
In order to audition...
1. Sign-up for an audition time: Audition Sign Up Form
2. Complete the Choral Audition Form
3. Download and learn the prepared piece: Sicut cervus
a. Please choose the part that best suits your voice
b. Learn mm. 1-25
c. This does not need to be memorized
During the audition, we will guide you through
sight-reading, tonal memory exercises, and vocal exercises (~10min)
Day of the Audition
On the day of your audition, please join this Zoom meeting 10 minutes before your audition time in case we are running ahead of schedule; the director will let you out of the waiting room when they are ready for you.
Unable to complete a "live" Virtual audition?
If you are unable to complete a "live" virtual audition due to limited technology or scheduling issues, please email Dr. Watkins at email@example.com. You will need to submit or upload (YouTube unlisted video) a video demonstrating the following skills:
- Sing the prepared piece - Sicut cervus, mm.1-25
- Sing a major scale using solfege and hand signs
- Sing a natural minor scale using solfege and hand signs
- Sing the sight-reading example that will be emailed to you